a creative momentum project is currently seeking applications for support to participate in the Galway Film Fleadh, which takes place in the city of Galway during 11-16 July 2017.
The Galway Film Fleadh was established in the 1980s with the aim of bringing together audiences and filmmakers within an intimate environment, allowing them to share a common experience: the wonder of cinema. Over time, the Fleadh has developed as a platform for international cinema in Ireland and an advocate for Irish national cinema.
Many established and upcoming talents visit Galway Film Fleadh every year. Guests from the past have included Martin Sheen, Anjelica Huston, Sir Richard Attenborough, Jim Sheridan, Neil Jordan, Maureen O’Hara, Saoirse Ronan, Michael Fassbender.
The Galway Film Fair happens during the Fleadh. The Fair is an industry event including conferences, screenings, masterclasses, networking events, Ireland’s longest-running pitching competition and Ireland’s only film marketplace.
In 2016, for example, Oscar nominee Ruth Negga gave an acting masterclass. Negga was nominated in the Best Actress category for Loving (dir. Jeff Nichols, 2016). Hollywood screenwriter Kristen Smith gave Screenwriters Masterclass. Smith, with Karen McCullah, has co-written some of the most popular films of recent years: Legally Blonde, 10 Things I Hate About You, She’s The Man, and Ella Enchanted.
In 2017, the Fair will take place on 13-16 July.
The marketplace in particular is a unique opportunity to meet with the world’s leading financiers in an intimate and informal atmosphere, allowing new talent to be discovered and long term partnerships to be made.
Creative Momentum Support
We are seeking applications from Northern Finland, Mid-Sweden, North East Iceland and South East of Northern Ireland.
Applicants can be:
- Filmmakers who wish to submit a feature length film (minimum 52 mins long) including, but not limited to, documentary, animation, experimental and narrative feature film for consideration for screening during the Fleadh
- Filmmakers/Producers who have a well-developed project and are seeking to meet with international financiers during the Marketplace
- Writers, Actors, Directors who wish to take part in masterclasses and debates
- Film Festival Professionals who wish to connect with and participate in the Galway Film Fleadh
Nature of ‘a creative momentum project’ support
a creative momentum project will select a number of applicants from each of the four regions to participate in Galway Film Fleadh. Applicants will be selected through an open, competitive call for applications. a creative momentum project will cover the following costs for each selected applicant:
- Economy return airfare and land transport for one person;
- Accommodation costs;
- Festival ticket/cost of participation in masterclasses/Marketplace;
- One group meal.
Applicants must register on MyCreativeEdge.eu (if not already registered). Once you are registered:
- Click the Application Form ‘Creative Hotspot – Galway Film Fleadh’ on your dashboard & complete the online application form (a Word version can be downloaded in the Downloads section of this page to help you prepare answers but applications must be submitted online)
- E-mail your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If submitting a film for consideration for screening you must also e-mail the separate Submission Form with the film and screener details to email@example.com (Submission Form can be downloaded in Downloads section of this page).
Deadline for applications is midnight, Sunday 26 March 2017.
Please read here for more information on the application conditions.
You must be logged in to submit comments.
Add your comments here.
Maximum length of 500 characters