- Branar Téatar do Pháistí was founded by Marc Mac Lochlainn in 2001. Throughout its 15 year history have developed and produced many high quality children’s theatre performances. We create shows that are not language dependent and captivate an audience both young and old. We are focused on developing a style of theatre that is immediately recognizable as our own.
- We consider ourselves to be at the forefront of innovation and development in Theatre for children in Ireland. With every production we push our boundaries, we aim to develop and enhance our practice. We open our doors and share our work practices with our peers in the hope of learning from them and also in the hope of developing a forum by which we can discuss each other’s work and develop the quality of theatre for children in Ireland.
- Branar tours extensively throughout Ireland, to venues and festivals supported the Arts Council of Ireland. We also have a strong commitment to bringing the art of theatre to schools and performing in the children’s own environment.
- We have an average annual audience of 13,000 with on average 150 performances.
- We regularly tour internationally, having brought shows to The New Victory, Broadway New York, The Southbank London, 8 cities in USA, 8 European countries, Japan and China
Check out the images and videos of a selection of our shows.