High quality visuals are essential for any creative enterprise to grow their customer, client or audience base. Visual content is what gets noticed, especially online and through social media.
Here’s Patrick McHugh of Patrick McHugh Digital discussing ‘Visual Communication’ at a creative momentum project event earlier this year.
Consumers and buyers are interested in the ‘how, why and who’ of creative work. Media and social media responds to stories and images of the people behind the product or service.
Call for applications
To help creative enterprises in the Western Region of Ireland to effectively showcase their work, the Western Development Commission (WDC) through a creative momentum project is seeking applications for a professional photoshoot.
Three creative enterprises will be selected in each of the seven western counties (Donegal, Sligo, Leitrim, Roscommon, Mayo, Galway and Clare).
Each selected creative enterprise will be assigned a professional photographer who will visit their studio/office/workspace/exhibition to undertake a photoshoot focused on:
- Illustrating the creative process being undertaken by the individual / staff
- Key products, services, artworks etc.
The outcome will be a minimum of 10 high quality shots illustrating the creative individual /staff at work.
The images will be available to the enterprise for their own promotional and marketing activities, and will also be used in promotional activities by a creative momentum project and MyCreativeEdge.eu.
Who can apply
We are seeking applications from anyone involved in the following activities:
- Arts: Literature and Writing; Performing Arts; Visual Arts
- Crafts: Fashion & Accessories; Home & Gifts; Jewellery; Pottery & Ceramics
- Design: Architecture & Interiors; Fashion Design; Graphic Design; Product Design
- Media & Technology: Advertising & Publishing; Digital Media; Film & Video; Games; Photography; Software Development; TV & Radio
Only applicants based in the seven western counties (Donegal, Sligo, Leitrim, Roscommon, Mayo, Galway or Clare) are eligible to apply.
To apply, complete the short online application form here
Download the application form in Word format in advance to prepare responses.
The deadline is Midnight, Sunday 8 January, 2017